Are you ready to change your life? Are you ready to live the life of your dreams? If so apply these 8 secret ways to achieve your big goals and you might just achieve them all with in the year.
- Set a target, know exactly what the goal is.
- Find out why this goal matters to you.
- Write down the goal.
- Create an action step plan to achieve the goal.
- Take the first step within the next twenty-four hours.
- Write down deadlines for the next steps.
- Write down the goals with “I am” Statements read it daily.
- Achieve and repeat.
The above are just some generic actions that are suggested for the achievement of goals. I have bought books that focus on one of those goals alone.
Here is what I want for you. I want you to forget about someone else’s formula for success and for you to be creative with the situation life has you in. Now I don’t want to be a liar, so I will give you eight ways to thinking about achieving your goals. But they are ways, they are not your way. Only you know you, you know what you are capable of and what you need to grow in.
8 secrets about goals setting
- Realize that no matter what goal you set it will be full of roadblocks, obstacles, and PROBLEMS. Goals are the overcoming of problems, through problems. Every goal you set is intentionally creating problems.
- Goals that excite you are worth doing. Goals that don’t excite you are probably not your real goals. Also, there is a huge difference between a goal and a deadline. Don’t confuse the two.
- Effort alone is not enough. I am sure you have heard guys talk about being the hardest working person in the room. They fail to mention that they were smart and creative about how they achieved the goal. The hard work followed up the smart work.
- Effort is not enough. If you think you can live the life of your dreams off of a part-time effort, well, maybe, but probably not. The effort is followed up by dedication, commitment, and sacrifice. You have to want the goal so bad you are crazy obsessed with it.
- If you have to force yourself to try and achieve the goal, it is not your goal and you are wasting your time. There are going to be times when we face adversity and want to quit. That is not what I am talking about. If going after your goal is like going a second job and third job; it isn’t your goal. Watch your attitude. If you stop going after it because it’s hard then you need to redouble your effort. If you stop because of any other reason, you need to reevaluate if it is even a realistic goal for you.
- Self-doubt will kill your goals. You are the only one who hears the voice in your head. So, make sure yourself talk is positive. Not only that but to defeat this ugly shadow that frightens us from action, learn and do. That is right, learn and do things that give you the skill you need to achieve your goals and you will silence the inner doubter. Bonus: be gracious with yourself and don’t expect perfection, but done.
- Don’t mistake your life’s purpose for a goal. If you choose to take on a life’s purpose then that is your compass. It is not something you will ever accomplish, but something that directs what accomplishable goals you should take on.
- There are no rules. Feel free to do what works. Feel free to let go of what you have been told will work and do your thing. Rules are not laws, don’t break the law. But rules, most of them are set up to keep you in line. Richard Branson, Bill Gates, and Kevin Hart have lived completely different lives and each as successful as they are didn’t live it according to someone else’s rules or expectations. There are no set rules for everyone for success. Sometimes you might need rules to keep you safe, and sometimes you need to go wild and see if you will survive.
Okay, will these eight ways help you achieve your big goals? NO, not by just reading them, you need to take action. Commitment, effort, and adaptation will be the biggest indicators of your success.
Here is a bonus: Know when to quit. Just because you put time, effort, and set the goal doesn’t mean you will actually achieve it. The goal you set might be a dead-end, a distraction, or be in opposition to your life’s purpose. Don’t let other’s thoughts or attitudes influence your life or goals. It doesn’t matter what “they” say when you quit.
Hopefully, you are having a great morning. I hope you realize there are no secrets to goal setting. If it is really a goal for you to go after, give it your best; if you fail accept it and either re-up and try again, or set a new goal.
If you liked this post, hit the like button, subscribe to the blog, or share it.