I told you I would be back on Sunday.
Quick update. I did start writing a new novel. I am never sure on if I should talk about the title or not. Anyway, it is going at a slow pace. I should be 14 pages in, but I am not. Life is crazy and I thought I would have time to get in on it this weekend. I have too many time consuming goals and obligations. So, I just have to do better next week.
A quick list of things I have obligated myself to:
- Writing a novel (3 book series)
- Writing Lead Utah every morning
- Working on a freelance gig that I have with a local company
- Training for an Ultramarathon in 2018 (at least 50 miles)
- Train for the Spartan race when it comes to Utah
- Being a Father who is there and as involved as possible for my kids
- Being a husband (make sure I don’t take Brooke for granted, fight the mundane life, also doing my part around the house.)
- Get down to my goal weight and goal waist size
- Start cooking dinner
- Draw, paint, oh I miss drawing, I swear I only have time to doodle.
- I also work a full time job that I have to be at for 40 hours a week.
I am sure I am forgetting something. But here is the point, I don’t want a normal life. I don’t want to be stuck doing the same thing every day. I want to spend more time creating. I only have one obligation that hinders that. Even then when I look at it, it is me sponsoring my creative endeavors. Well, I have some laundry to fold, so I will let you go. I will write to you again next week.
From the unfinished basement,